“The Cry Of The Martyrs”
- We are returning to our series in Revelation this week, focusing on 20:4-6.
- We are well into John’s vision of the millennial kingdom, the 1000 year reign of Christ. The seven year tribulation is over. Satan’s one world empire comprising all the rebellious kings and nations, led by the antichrist and the false prophet failed, defeated by Jesus and His heavenly army.
- Last week in our message we began a look into chapter 20 for Five Truths of The Millennial Kingdom. The first of which was found in vv.1-3, that: During the millennial Kingdom Satan will be confined.
- He will be bound and thrown into the abyss, or bottomless pit for the duration of the Christ’s 1000 year reign on earth. Remember we said that the Abyss is not hell, but probably a lot like hell, a kind of prison for evil beings of every sort. It is also different than Hell in that evil beings can be locked up there and they can be let loose. We learned in ch. 9:1 that during the tribulation an angel carrying the key to the Abyss will release demon like locusts who go throughout the earth stinging and tormenting people for five months.
- Last week we learned 20:1-3 that its quite likely that this same angel will return at the end of the tribulation to bind Satan and throw him in the Abyss where he will remain for the duration of Christ’s 1000 year reign on earth.